In case you were in a coma or somehow failed to get the message – the world has changed.
While it has always been a good idea to have more than one source of income todays realities make it a necessity vs an option, and without which life can be far more difficult than otherwise.
This post contains affiliate links and if you make a purchase using my links I will earn a fee.
I can teach you how to do the same too!
As millions upon millions of people worldwide grapple with this new reality in this new world, the question becomes simple – How?
- How can I start an online business and make money from home?
- How can I learn about what options are available to me?
- How can I choose the right business?
- How can I decide on the right NICHE and specifically what is a niche, to begin with?
- How much is it going to cost me to start a business online?
- How much can I make?
- How can I tell the real opportunities from the scams?
- How can I get information, training, and support to help me do all this?
- How can I connect with other people in a community of some kind so we can all help each other?
To help you find the answers you need to start making money from more sources in 2021 here are seven steps for you to consider and follow if you choose to;
- Gather Initial Information – This is an important topic. You need to have enough information to get started and then you need to take action and get started. That is a problem for a lot of people because it’s so easy to get overwhelmed by the sheer volume of never-ending information already available and get caught up spending all your time and resources just researching and learning but never actually doing much of anything. So gather just enough information to take action and then take action if you want to do better.
- Choose a Business – There are all kinds of different online businesses you can start – and all you need is one for now. Just one. Another wonderful thing about starting an online business is that it is cheap to do – even FREE in some cases. So if you make a mistake and choose the wrong thing it is not a serious problem – like it would be if you started a more traditional brick and mortar business. No matter what happens it will be a learning experience – and that will ultimately help you achieve success!
- Get Training and Support – When it comes to the areas of expertise (niches) that I cover – I can teach you more in one hour than you could learn in three years or more on your own… and that is an important lesson for you to learn immediately. If you find the right instructors, coaches and mentors they will help you become successful much faster than ever possible any other way. Likewise, if you do not get access to such information you will waste time and money trying to figure things out alone the hard way.
- Show Up and Do the Work – Secrets to Passive Income are for the most part ALL LIES… Here is the real secret to success – WORK. There is no way around it unless you are already wealthy and have money to invest and knowledge to invest it wisely – in which case you would not be searching for ways to make money… Building your own online business is possible but it is NOT going to be very passive at all n the beginning. It requires a ton of work upfront before you can begin to sit back and enjoy some of that elusive passive income that everyone keeps talking about. On average I am making more money every month that goes by – and much of it is indeed “passive income” (or at least what I prefer to call semi-passive income) – but it took a lot of work and time to get it to that point, and if you want it too then you have to do the work.
- Focus – Today attention spans are short and patience is near non-existent. What happens is people start a new thing and expect instant major results, which they won’t get – and rather than sticking with the thing long enough for it to begin to pay off – they bolt and head off in search of something else. This is commonly referred to as “shiny object syndrome”. And I get it. But if you want success in anything at all you are going to have to override that urge and force yourself to stick with your plan and put in the time and work until it starts to pay off. For example, it may very well take you one to two YEARS of hard work – or more – before you begin to earn an equivalent of a full-time income consistently from your online business. That’s the truth – popular or not. Yet that time will come and go regardless, and if you put in the work you get paid – and if not you will just keep searching in vain for “Secrets” forever…
- Join a Community – Humans are funny critters. We are social animals like it or not. Once you understand that and come to embrace it then you can use it to your own advantage too. Finding a group of other like-minded people is a game-changer – and a way to really make real progress in building your business and your life better and faster than is possible in any other way – bar none. Other people can prop you up when you feel like falling down and they can energize you, as can you do the same for them at other times. They can share lessons learned and insights in minutes that would take you a lifetime to get on your own. Do not underestimate the importance of other people – of community – in your own success.
- Be Willing to Fail – There lies the path of success. Do not be afraid to make mistakes. Don’t let the fear of failure, fear of embarrassment, fear of losing money, or any other fear stop you from taking action. You will make mistakes. I have, I do and I will – and so will you too – if you want to be successful. Get over it and do it anyway.
Isn’t it About Time for You to Finally Change Your Life?
Consider this – nothing will ever change until you change the way you think.
Change your MINDSET and change your entire life.
You really have to ask yourself, if you already have it all figured out then why does life suck or – at the least – why are you not doing as well as you would like to be doing in your work, your business, and your life right now?
The way to get more of what you want is simple, though not easy.
Change the way you think and that will change the way you act (actions you take) which will lead you to different results from those you have been getting. Then you can start a business and grow it over time.
Start Your Own Blog – A Business to Begin With
While there are many different ways to make money online one place to start at is with building your own blog. Why? Because it can be the foundation of anything else you choose to do and the essential skills you will learn and develop will help you with any other kind of business too.
It is a low barrier to entry business with huge potential.
To start your own blog you need three things;
- A domain name
- Hosting service
With these three things, you have the essential elements of starting your own blog – and you can have it up and running and be adding content literally within 15 minutes or less if you are fast – and within an hour or two even if you are slow, so long as you can follow basic simple instructions.
Think of it as baking a loaf of Keto bread – if you can mix a few simple ingredients together in a bowl, pour them in a pan and place them in the oven at a prescribed temperature for a specific amount of time – then you will have some delicious keto bread!
The process is the same with building your own blog – if you can follow a “recipe” of sorts then you too can and will have your own blog in just a little while.
Now let’s talk about what it costs.
A domain can be purchased through several sources.
I currently recommend two; Bluehost or Wealthy Affiliate. Choose Blue Host if you want to build just a single blog right now and get started fast. A domain name is approximately $12.99 per year – and keep in mind you will also need hosting services, which will run about another $2.99 to $13.99 per month depending on which plan you select and how many bells and whistles you want.
Choose Wealthy Affiliate if you are interested in extensive training in affiliate marketing and online business fundamentals – and you plan on eventually building multiple niche sites. As of now WA will cost you $49.00 per month (for Premium – though they do have a FREE starter membership) for access to training AND hosting for multiple sites. You will still need to pay separate fees for your domain names though and that averages about $13.99 per year per domain.
WordPress itself is free – so there is no costs for it. There are also thousands of free themes for you to select from and use. A theme is what determines how your website and blog look to the world and how it functions. Think of themes as templates or covers and you will have a better idea of what they are.
A Business Blog vs a Non-Business Blog
Let’s define what a business is first.
A business is defined as efforts taken with the intent of making a profit. This is generally speaking and can get more involved – but that is enough to get the point across to you.
The purpose of a business is to make money.
This is opposed to other endeavors which may not have any motive or objectives toward making money but are instead intended for other pursuits – such as social or recreational. For example, most interactions of people on Facebook are social only for millions of people worldwide, who are just there to make friends with and interact with other people for personal reasons.
Of course, there are also people and companies there to make money – as am I, but millions of users there just post about their cats, their family, their lives, and other stuff they care about with no effort to make any money from their own content or online efforts at all.
Another example is a blog that just is a creative outlet for its owner blogger to tell stories or share their daily routine or whatever they wish to talk about, but without any effort to make money.
Even so, it should be noted that almost any kind of content can be monetized and thereby cross over into the “business” definition too… while still serving other purposes simultaneously. One of the easiest examples of this is affiliate marketing.
Affiliate marketing simply is a way of promoting other people’s and other companies’ products in exchange for money in the form of a fee or commission of some kind. For example, in this post I mention both BlueHost and Wealthy Affiliate – and if you click on the links I have in this post and then go there and buy anything then I will earn a small fee for having sent you there, and it costs you nothing more than you would pay had you arrived there any other way.
In fact, many companies actually charge you LESS when you arrive via an affiliate link because they give you a discount code to help convince you to buy their stuff – and to motivate their affiliate marketers to work harder to promote their products.
So affiliate marketing is one of the easiest ways to monetize a blog (and other content) and make yourself some income as you begin building a business in the process, however, there are plenty of other ways to make money online too.
Here are a few more to consider;
- Online Course Instructor
- eBook Author
- Print On Demand (POD)
- Drop Shipping
- Physical Products
- Website Creator
Each one of these could be a separate blog post and is beyond the scope of what I want to get into in this post – perhaps I will cover them all in separate articles in the future – and most I already have in past posts too. In the meantime, if you see one you are particularly interested in simply Google it or go to YouTube and search on it and what some video there to get a better idea of what it entails.
Keep in mind there are many other possibilities and these are just some of the more well-known (and PROVEN) methods of making money online that many other people have found success with and that are relatively easily teachable. That makes them prime candidates for your consideration too if you are serious about making any real money online in 2021 and beyond.
Conclusion and Closing Remarks
The potential and the opportunity to earn real money online are in fact REAL.
I know this because I already earn hundreds of dollars each and every month from my online businesses, and I have been doing so for a few years now – and it is increasing as I continue building my digital assets. So this is not just theory or pie in the sky guru garbage. It’s real.
But what I can also tell you is that this takes a hell of a lot of work, a lot of time, and some patience too – and I have seen THOUSANDS of people come and go and just quit – most of whom never made a single dollar online.
They simply didn’t want to do the work in some cases – and in most cases failed to understand how much work is really necessary or be willing to do that work over a long time frame before earning any money. So they quit.
Why am I telling you this?
Because I want you to be SUCCESSFUL!
To do that you need to make informed and intelligent decisions and know what to expect – realistically. So if you want to learn and then earn and are willing to do the work, then I look forward to getting to know you better and to the possibility of us working together from now on for a long time to come!
But if you are the type who is hell-bent on finding “Secrets” and looking for immediate passive income so you can buy your own yacht or jet by tomorrow – all I can say about that is good luck, my friend!
When you get tired of chasing shiny objects – then come on back and see me – I will still be here slowly and systematically building my own business empire step by step by step, and I will be ready to help you do the same when you are ready.